What’s new in HDMI 2.0?
HDMI 2.0 significantly increases bandwidth to 18Gbps and includes the following advanced features:
Resolutions up to 4K@50/60 (2160p), which is 4 times the clarity of 1080p/60 video resolution, for the ultimate
● Up to 32 audio channels for a multi-dimensional immersive audio experience
● Up to 1536kHz audio sample frequency for the highest audio fidelity
● Simultaneous delivery of dual video streams to multiple users on the same screen
● Simultaneous delivery of multi-stream audio to multiple users (Up to 4)
● Support for the wide angle theatrical 21:9 video aspect ratio
● Dynamic synchronization of video and audio streams
● CEC extensions provide more expanded command and control of consumer electronics devices through a
● Electronics devices through a single control point
Can existing HDMI cables support the higher bandwidths of HDMI 2.0 Specification?
Yes, existing High Speed HDMI Cables (wire only) will support the new higher bandwidths (up to 18Gbps).
Does HDMI 2.0 require new cables?
No, HDMI 2.0 features will work with existing HDMI cables. Higher bandwidth features, such as 4K@50/60 (2160p) video
formats, will require existing High Speed HDMI cables (Category 2 cables).